Back in October last year Foodbank in Cardiff received the donatation of a tin of kidney soup that was approximately 50 years old!
At the time they had a massive following on social media including well over 11,000 social media shares, likes and comments, along with huge local and national press interest to tell the story. All of this resulted in some international interest in purchasing the tin and we are now delighted to say that the tin has made its way back home to Crown Cork. They have kindly sent us a photo of the tin on display in their Technology Centre in Oxfordshire (below).
Foodbank want to thank Crown Cork for their kind donation to our work, helping those facing food crisis in Cardiff.
Foodbank would also like to take the opportunity to remind people that food needs to be in date for us to distribute to those in need, as it is illegal for them to distribute out of date food and you may not realise that they have to pay for food that they discard.
That said they want to say "Thank you" so much for your continued support!
Here are a few highlights form there last update
Please join us in thanking God:
- For an overwhelming response from the general public in terms of food donation this Christmas. Our warehouse is 'full to the rafters' and we have had to take on extra storage to cope with the amount of food donated.
- For another overwhelming response to our social media posts asking for help when our van broke down the week before Christmas. We had so many offers of help and support and were able to do all the pick ups and drop offs that were needed to keep providing food for those who needed it most.
- For God’s continued provision to us financially, and the benefit of the new ‘local giving’ link that is making donating funds a little easier and more accessible. https://localgiving.org/charity/cardifffoodbank/
- For clients during these colder months as they try to balance heating and eating, that they would seek help and not put themselves in further crisis.
- For us as a growing organisation, that we would have wisdom to know how to move forward with finance and staffing challenges.
- For more churches to partner with us in 2018 so that we can continue to share food and hope with those who feel hopeless.
Thanks so much & God bless you.
The Foodbank Team