The extent of violence against women cannot be underestimated, nor can its consequences. The impact ripples through every area of society; it affects women, children, families, neighbourhoods, men, lawmakers, law-enforcers, health providers and so many of our social institutions.
EmpoweRED is an event intended to educate, equip, and empower you so that you can help to tackle this violence against women. Focussing on some of the main forms of such abuse, it will ensure you leave better informed ,and inspired and enabled to make a difference.
The day will also offer plenty of opportunities to chat with like-minded organisations and individuals, as well as the chance to enjoy a delicious brunch and Manumit coffee, and to purchase ethical fashion and merchandise.
Run by the Christian charities Press Red and Red Community, this will be a powerful and exciting day: come and join us and help #turnthesilenceoff.
BOOK TICKETS HERE
The nature of the event means that it is only open to over 16s, and 16 - 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
Key guests and speakers include:
- Keynote: Andrew Caplen (formerly from Restored and former President of the Law Society)
- Sexual Exploitation: RED Community (with Embrace)
- Domestic Abuse: Natalie Collins
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM): Bawso
- Porn: CEASE UK
- Trafficking: Anti Slavery Coordinator, Welsh Government
- International Justice Mission: Child Online Exploitation
Saturday, 22. June 2019 - 10:00 until 14:00